AVAILABLE ONLY AS A CLASS SERIES. PURCHASE UNDER LR SERIES.
In this third class we look at the powerful local editing tools and then move on to exporting and the world of metadata and tagging.
- Advanced organization: Stacks • Snapshots •Using virtual copies as a creative sandbox, combine with stacking • Time synchronization
- Local image editing: Cropping • Redeye reduction • Spot cloning • Graduated and radial filters
- Local adjustment brush and masking: Retouching skin, eyes, teeth • Re-lighting images
- Getting out of Lightroom: Exporting files • Presets for Email • Color space and resolution settings • Watermarking your images for protection
- Publish Services: Connecting easily with printers, social media and other platforms • Using custom services
- Keywording and metadata: finding the needle in the haystack: How to add keywords to your images • Searching by metadata • Finding your photos with a few keystrokes • Using the Library Filter to instantly search by date, lens or any other criteria
- Cost per person for the series is $220 early registration (available until 5 days before the first class start date), $270 late registration.
- Doors open at 6:15pm.
- Classes start promptly at 6:30pm.
- Each class is 2 ½ hours long.
- Advance registration and payment is required.
- Maximum number of students is 20, minimum number to make a class is 8.
- Parking is available on the street or in the adjacent lot at Electric Light & Power.
Q: What is Lightroom?
A: Adobe Lightroom is the dominant Digital Asset Management program for photographers. Picasa, iPhoto, ACDSee and other programs are similar but Lightroom offers the most robust set of tools for importing, processing, selecting, printing and publishing your photos .
Q: What will I learn?
A: In the series of four classes you will learn how to set up Lightroom, import images and use the wealth of editing tools to improve your photos. You’ll understand how to use Lightroom’s ability to instantly find any photo in your collection based on keywords. You’ll also learn how to print, create web galleries and slide shows and share images online from within Lightroom.
Q: What do I need?
A: Each class includes an illustrated handout so you can follow along with the presentation. You don’t need to bring your laptop to the class. You can learn by watching the live demo, following in the handout and taking notes. If you do bring your laptop, make sure you have the latest version of Lightroom loaded. You should already be well acquainted with your computer hardware and settings and know your way around your operating system. If you don’t already own Lightroom you can download a free 30 day trial from the Adobe website.
Q: What about “The Cloud”?
A: Lightroom is available as part of the Adobe Creative Cloud packages but can also be purchased as a standalone program.
Q: What about Photoshop?
A: Lightroom works in conjunction with Photoshop. Think of Lightroom as the corner emergency clinic where you go if you have a cold, sprain or splinter. Photoshop is the equivalent of a large hospital where major surgery is performed. For many people Photoshop is unnecessary and their entire workflow happens within the toolset of Lightroom. If you are doing commercial, industrial, special effects or other types of photography that require major surgery then Photoshop is an essential skill.
Q: How much do the classes cost?
A: Cost per person for the series is $220 early registration (available until 5 days before the first class start date), $270 late registration.
Q: Can I mix and match classes from different series for the bundled price?
A: No, the discounted bundled price is only available to classes taken in sequence.
Q: Can I take individual classes instead of the series?
A: No, this series can only be purchased as a bundle.
Q: How will I know if a class makes or not?
A: If a class doesn’t make and has to be canceled, you will receive an email no later than the night before the scheduled class date.
Q: How late can I sign up for a class?
A: As long as the class doesn’t show as “sold out”, you can register and pay up to two hours before the starting time of the class.
Q: What if I have to cancel?
A: Details on cancellations are on our Policies page.
Steve has over 30 years in film production and media creation and is known for his depth of knowledge and willingness to share his experience with others. Steve ran his own commercial production company whose client list included American Airlines, Garmin, Paramount Amusement Parks and numerous food and big box stores as well as banks, non-profits and hospitals.
He was a top selling contributor to Getty Images in both still and motion collections and ran a successful still portrait business with an emphasis on high quality images and deft retouching. He has extensive experience photographing flat and 3D art for Heritage Auctions and other clients. He is the inventor of the patented EyeDirect Focusing System product, used by hundreds of producers and camera people around the world.